President Trump Considering Launching Own Social Media Platform

Under the Biden administration, politics has melted into an uncharacteristically quiet mush, most of which can be blamed on the absence of former President Donald Trump, who has been unequivocally blacklisted off of the internet. Though his attornies have been able to make comments on the ensuing impeachment trial, it feels as if America hasn’t heard a peep from Trump since the Presidency transitioned to President Joe Biden. However, according to senior adviser Jason Miller, that could be coming to an end soon.

Speaking with Breitbart News on Feb. 6 on radio channel SiriusXM 125, Miller revealed Trump’s future endeavors back into public life, promising “we will see the president reemerge on social media.”

“Whether that’s joining an existing platform or creating his new platform, there are a number of different options and a number of different meetings that they’ve been having on that front,” Miller hinted. “Nothing is imminent on that.”

Miller expressed that Trump is remaining open on his pathway back, mentioning that “all options are on the table.”

“A number of things are being discussed. So stay tuned there because you know he’s going to be back on social media. We’re just kind of figuring out which avenue makes the most sense,” he said.

Speculation swirled that Trump had joined social media platform Gab after an account with the name “realdonaldtrump” posted a copy of the letter Trump’s lawyers wrote to Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), the House of Representatives’ lead impeachment manager, though Miller quickly shut down the allegation. 


Gab also released a statement that denied that the account was owned by the President, rather the account was “a mirror of POTUS’ tweets and statements that we’ve run for years.”

“We’ve always been transparent about this and would obviously let people know if the President starts using it,” founder and CEO Andrew Torba said.

Previously the most active President (or politician in general, for that matter) on social media in American history, the realm of politics feels a tad emptier without Trump’s notorious Twitter, the source of the best moments and the worst lows of his Presidency. 

While he was often a target of Big Tech’s faceless fact-checkers entering the November 3rd election as apart of their campaign to fight “misinformation,” his Facebook and Twitter pages remained open until the riots at the Capital on January 6th, when his accounts were banned and permanently suspended due to “violations” of the platform’s terms of service. 

Other massive platforms such as YouTube, Instagram (which is owned by Facebook), and Snapchat have followed suit in banning Trump.

Falsely citing incitement of the storming of the Capital, social media platforms have all but ignored Trump’s comments during his rally that preceded the riots. While reminding America of the irregularities that took place during the 2020 Election and railed on the media and some lawmakers for their incessant shutdown of coverage for those irregularities, Trump specifically called on protesters to “peacefully and patriotically” march to the Capital. 

But the rally still cost him his platforms through social media and has since entered an age of silence. But, as Miller hints at, an age of silence that may be coming a close soon enough.

Leave a Reply

Freedom Press Newsletter Signup

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER! LIBERALS SEND SPAM, WE AREN'T LIBERALS!

%d bloggers like this: